Monday, April 30, 2007

Stuff 2.0

Tonight I attended an event put on by the HTCE called From Web 2.0 to Office 2.0: How the social web will impact our working lives" for the High-Tech Communicators Exchange . It was an interesting event with a lot of good information from two fellows, Troy Angrignon and Eam Jackson, who know quite a bit about Web 2.0 and how it is evolving.

I find the topic fascinating and try to stay on top of the changes and developments, both for work and for my own interest. They discussed something that I was talking to a coworker about the other day. One of the basic tenants of a company using Web 2.0 tools to build their presence on the web is about creating a relationship - and you don't enter into any relationship unless you plan to be completely honest and transparent. I know many people have written that CEOs shouldn't blog - and I have to say I don't agree with that. I think it is great for CEOs to blog because they can increase their profile, increase customers' trust and belief in the company and help them create a conversation with customers, partners and employees. Of course, the CEOs have to willing to talk open and honestly. If a client questions the company, the CEO needs to be willing to listen and discuss rather than just looking for an easy out and hoping they will go away. Ultimately - its a discussion and both sides need to be willing to participate. I really think that transparency is the key word.

HTCE is having another event sometime in May - the 28th I believe to further look into great high tech issues that affect communicators. If you are in that field, you should look them up.

Btw - if you were at the event and missed the video of Blue, I've embedded it for your viewing pleasure. :-)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home