Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Just one more time, I promise...

I, like scores of others, have been bitten by the mighty Facebook bug. I resisted for a couple of months - reading about it in blogs and magazines and swearing there was no way I was going to sign up to yet another networking website. That was until an old high school friend of mine, Kyle Hendsbee, sent me an invite (he decided to not blog publicly anymore). I joined up in early March and have been hooked ever since. It is fun to connect up with people you know today, but the real magic of it for me is to connect with friends from 15 or 20 years ago. I moved around so much as a kid, it is so cool for me to be able to see what friends from my grade 7 and 8 years are doing now. And to find out that I had (and have) good taste in friends - they are all still really nice, friendly, funny people! (Now I'm seeing if I can find any of my friends from the years I was in the US - anyone know Star Berry or Susan Burnham or Lisa Marini from Turners Falls, MA???)

If you haven't signed up for Facebook yet (don't worry, we'll get you yet), Gemma at ShinyShiny has posted this great post on what is so gosh darned great about it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo addicted to facebook. haha. Sorry for creating your addiction.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Kyenta said...

No need to be sorry - I think it is great! And way better for keeping in touch than a blog. I have to say I feel way more comfortable putting personal details in my Facebook profile than on here. So, really, THANKS!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home