Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Voyeurism at its best

A couple of weeks ago a blogpost on ShinyShiny mentioned a new type of chicklit on the web, Holly's Inbox. Rather than being in book form, this is an inbox that you can click through and read all of a London receptionist's emails starting from her first day at a new job in a rather stuffy bank office and continue reading as new emails are added. I'm not usually one for chicklit - but the format intrigued me and now that I've read her first few weeks I'm totally hooked! What will happen with the handsome financial fellow from her office? Is her slutty friend really sleeping with all of the upper management at Holly's old workplace? And what about Trisha, the tough-as-nails receptionist, who has finally allowed herself to defrost and has become a fast friend of Holly's?

I know - it's trash. But sometimes I think its ok to read trash - it's a nice break. :-)

Update: Funniest email yet that I've read on Holly's Inbox
/snip/
You weren't there!!
Can you even imagine, you're an angry guest, your suite isn't the deluxe suite you booked, the tv doesn't work, the windows are jammed shut, the air con is up too high and you ask for the reception manager and he walks out with a set of Bunny ears on?
??
Can you imagine how hard it is to be taken seriously??????
I hate him.
/snip/

Hah! Love it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home