Thursday, February 14, 2008

The future of YouTube

A little something that I thought was interesting this morning...

YouTube had a big shindig in NYC last night and Google, along with the celebrations, shared some info on the direction they are planning to take the video website. Apparently, they are looking to program in a website feature that recommends other videos to you, based on your viewing history - think Amazon's recommendations or StumbleUpon. ALso, Stephen Chen, Chief Tech Officer at YouTube, is "really excited about content on really, really big tvs" so it looks like they will be formatting their videos to have better pixelation to be able to view them on a larger screen - or at least I would hope they would because blowing up the quality they have now wouldn't really be worth it. I would love to see the quality of the videos improve, even if just a little, although they only have so much control over this as they are only as good as that which people upload. (I should clarify - I mean the visual quality of the video. I recognize of course, that YouTube and Google have no control over the content and storyline of the videos - that's part of the beauty of YT!) Google is also planning on improvements to YouTube's video editing tools.

For more information, read the article I found all this info at C|Net News.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home