Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Finding my legs II

Well, I had thought I would keep this quiet for a little while until I figured out if this is something I can actually fit into my life. But that's not going to happen - my husband found the link in my email account today. He offered not to read it - I guess thinking that I needed this space as a private-thinking-place. It's not that at all. I just wanted to "find my legs" before I knew anyone else is reading it (other then the people who may stumble across it on the net-although I still don't think anyone will find it unless I point them to it).

Other thoughts... I'm tired. Not having such a great day. Too much work and not enough sleep. Too much work and not enough me.


Oh well, enough of that. Going out for dinner with two people I have no use for tonight. I know that sounds cold, but every time we get together for dinner with them I go though a period of "why are we seeing these people AGAIN?". Neither of us likes them or finds them interesting. My husband (who I need to think of a pseudonym for) has wanted to stay in touch with them because he is good friends with one of the fellow's good friends. Which sounds noble, except that he rarely talks to the friend they have in common - and the friend they have in common doesn't seem to have much use for the fellow we are going out with tonight. Now keep in mind, I am an outsider looking in - they all met and were friends long before I was in the picture. I am just not good at spending time with people with whom I don't like. I got into the habit when I finished highschool of refusing to spend time with people I don't like. Maybe it is cold-hearted of me but I would prefer to spend time with people I find interesting and whom I truly enjoy spending time with. As it is, I only get to see/talk to my best girlfriend every week or week and a half.

I guess I ultimately chalk it down to the fact that I have an incredibly kindhearted husband, which is something I wouldn't change for the world. Good thing I realize that, even though I sound like a big grump today, hmmm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home